1840 1929 dating old photograph
Records survive of a survey made by Thomas Warren of the buildings located at the Fornham Wharf at this time.
Most of the space was taken up by coal yards in various hands. Sir Thomas Cullum had a Timber Yard, a Coal Yard and a Carpenters Shop.
Britain's last Frost Fair was held on the frozen River Thames, where the ice around Blackfriars Bridge was thick enough to bear the weight of an elephant.
Winter temperatures were to remain below freezing for extended periods every winter until 1822.
The malt house, which still stands today in a derelict state, was not added until 1851.
In 1813 Charles Lowe, a prosperous miller at Ixworth, leased Pakenham watermill and its 40 acre farm from the Leheu family for £130 pa.
The New Road led from near Chevington Rectory past Chevington Lodge to Great Saxham, where it picked up the route into Bury via Little Saxham and Westley Road.
The by-now eight troops of Suffolk Yeomanry originally formed in 1793 were formed into the First Regiment Loyal Suffolk Yeomanry Calvary. At Chedburgh the Marquess of Bristol built a school for Jonathan Cooper, probably a former soldier, to use for his classes.